Sunday, January 20, 2008

quality time with dad!

So....I had to work the night shift at work on friday, so Mike of course was home with Brooke (Chase was at a sleepover). Brooke has this "habbit" of coming into our bed half-way through the night most nights ( I know.......nip it in the bud). So she did on friday while I was working, and in the morning Mike realized the two of them had been sleeping snug as bugs.....with puke on them!!!! Brooke told Daddy "I coughed last night and then I burped!" Boy did I pick a good time to be at work all night or what?!! Mike did great, stripped the bed and washed everything by time I returned home in the am.
On those nights I have to work, Mike is great about taking the kids out somewhere for Quality time the next day so I can sleep for a few hours. They've had some fun times in the past at Grant's farm, pumpkin patch etc. Well this Quality time he had on Sat. was possibly the best bonding time yet.....Brooke and he picked up Chase at his sleepover and went to Subway for lunch. Mike doesn't do well with crowds and lines and it was Packed in Subway.... already frustrated, they found a booth to eat in and Brooke decides she needs to burp again after eating her ham sandwich.......................ALL OVER THE TABLE!!!! Mike went to the counter and asked for napkins and the lady gave him about 10. So he went back to wipe up the "MESS" which by this time is all over the floor too. So he went back to the counter to get more napkins...this time from a young kid who gave him 5 napkins, Mike has just about lost it at this point and exclaimed to the kid "hey man, we got a spill over there, I need more than 5!!!!!" Anyway, he said he just ended up wiping the table off the best he could,gathered the kids and left. This was a HUGE accomplishment for my darling husband because he doesnt do well with snakes, poop or puke!! Way to go Mike! I guess those who say it's not the quantity but the quality of the time you spend with your kids was right!!!! Hope Chase doesn't get the urge to burp next!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Way to go Mike! You should get some kind of dad of the year award for dealing with that all by yourself. Lee would have called me home after the first burp:) Hope Brooke feels better soon.

Three Against One said...

Wow, so we aren't the only ones who have the burps over at the Montgomery household? I came down with it yesterday and Cory was sick in bed all day today with it, we are just praying that the girls don't come down with it next. My hat is off to you Mike, way to go!!

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES