Saturday, October 11, 2008

Still missing

I've been thinking about Spanky a lot this past week. (No different than any other day) but even more than usual. You see I was sick last week and missed his comfort. I worked nights last week and missed his company while sleeping. We got a note from his vet's office, consoling us just yesterday, and Jo from the humane society lit a candle in his name at a memorial service they had last monday for those pets who have passed. We had our first meeting of club Hope, a new club at Chase's school that I am co-leading. It is a partnership with the school district and the humane society of missouri. It's a very cool thing, that I am proud to be in charge of at Westridge. Anyway, after the meeting on thursday, Jo gave me the melted candle that she lit in Spanky's honor and a sweet note. On the way home from the mtg we had to drop off a backpack to a boy who forgot it at school. Guess what kind of dog he had..........yep, a bichon frise. It looked sooooo much like Spanky when he was young. Well, sorry for going on and on about my sweetie dog, I just am really feeling the loss of him this day. I miss him. Oh, yeah, I also went to pick up his ashes last week too, phew........thanks for reading and listening, it's just what's on my heart right now. :)

No comments:

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES