Saturday, November 22, 2008

An entire weekend off!

As much as I enjoy my work.......man, it's nice to be a "normal" person and have the WHOLE weekend off from both jobs!! Yesterday I completed my free photo book compliments of Oprah. She had the declutter guy on last week sometime and gave this free offer on her website to all who checked it out and clicked on the free book site. I have made 4 other books before this one using Walgreens and Shutterfly. If you have never done one before, you really should, it's very easy and fun. Plus you don't have to spend money to get your digital photos printed out. You just upload them from your computer or you can scan some, which i did for this current book I made of Spanky. They are very nice keepsakes vs the old traditional photo albums. This book is through Snapfish, so we'll see. I believe they are the same as Walgreens. Anyway, it had to be done by today to be free. They actually extended the due date by a week (they were overwhelmed by the popularity of the free offer......what?! what were you expecting if you offer something FREE and on OPRAH!) Mine, again is a book about Spanky through the years.
Well today, brace yourselves..... we are trimming our Christmas tree (Julie, calm down) We put it up last night and it is sitting, waiting to be adorned in twinkling lights so that the kids can put the ornaments on. Hey, it's either be early or be late putting it up. Note to you.....look at the title of this entry. Next weekend i work nights at the hospital. NOT gonna happen after that. Brooke is about ready to burst from excitement about doing the tree. The second she woke up, she said, mommy, time to put lights on the tree. UM....it's 7am, not yet. Go get some books to "read". Yikes, I wonder what time she'll be up this Christmas morning??? This is really the first year she is showing such excitement. Fun!!! Chase gets to put the fragile ornaments as high up as he can reach, and his own personal ones he's made over the years or received as gifts. Brooke gets to put hers and the unbreakables all along the bottom. they really do a nice job!! I hope you all have a good weekend with your loved ones. Sorry it's been awhile since I've blogged. Work, work, work. Oh, also....I can see who is reading the blog now with my site meter. Kinda cool. Had to add that, because no one leaves comments (we bloggers get as excited about comments as a college kid waiting for mail from home!!!!!) Was curious who, if anyone was reading. Thank you to those who do follow in silence.......go crazy and comment sometime, I'd LOVE to hear from you all!! Blessings.

5 comments:

Three Against One said...

Hey now I am not the one you should have said calm down too, Cory was the one who said they are decorating their tree already? :)
I know what you mean about nobody commenting on our blogs, where is everyone? I too have my site meter so I can see who is reading it but come on how hard is it to leave a comment?! :) Thanks for being a loyal reading/comment poster, it is like getting mail in college I like the analogy (sp?)....Have a FANTASTIC weekend off.

Anonymous said...

Ah, come on... you mean my days of anonymity are over??!! Can your site meter detect anything else about me?? Question - is your tree pointing up or down??!! :)
Enjoy your free weekend!

Becke' said...

I read your blog all the time! I promise! Sorry I don't comment all the time, though. Yeah for early Christmas decorations!! Have a fun weekend off, girl!

Anonymous said...

Hope you all had a great day. I remember those times well. Decorating the tree and cleaning up afterwords when everyone else was toooooo tired to help put the boxes and mess away!
We were decorating for Thaksgiving yesterday. Tell Miss Brooke I got her hand Turkey and it looks great!
I figured she would forget it as soon as we got off the phone.
Love to all.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Grandma Rogers

blessedpath said...

Oh, it feels like Christmas morning for me right now, reading all these comments!!! Keep em commin in the weeks ahead!!!:)

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES