Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A day of making history

Well, we all know what a special day in history it is today. And even though I did not vote for our newly elected President Obama, I feel it is necessary to blog about today's festivities. It has been one of those days, where we as Americans, feel connected to eachother. I worked nigts last night and could only allow myself an hour to sleep today, I just felt I needed to watch the whole day unfold on tv with the rest of the world. I liked watching every part of the day......over and over. What an amazing day.....the first black president! I will remember this day. Just like Americans remember the day when JFK was shot, where you were when you heard Elvis was dead, and When the Twin Towers were attacked. A day in history was made today. Chase got to watch the inauguration on tv at school today for over an hour. I think he will remember where he was also, on this day. Pretty cool. I even had to leave to pick up Brooke from school at 11:30, so tuned in on the radio, as to not miss a moment. Though I am about to drop from exhaustion, I plan on watching the Balls tonight on tv too. I know one thing, as soon as my head hits my pillow, I will be OUT!! Hope everyone had fun today too. Oh, yeah, and Kelli, I saw the back side of your head on the news:) You looked great (hee-hee)

No comments:

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES