First of all I am FINALLY done with the armoire. It turned out okay. It was harder than the nightstand, I guess because it is so much bigger. We brought it in last night, and once in place and I was able to give it a closer inspection, I see a few spots that I will have to deal with. But oh well, It is done.
Now, for the burried treasure. We had our church small group over last week. We put Dewey in our room, so he wouldn't bug everyone. While in there, he scratched up the carpet by the door and revealed...........beautiful hardwoods! So, that is my next project. Mike wasn't ready to take on the whole thing yet. But I wanted to at least pull up the section where the armoire goes, since we already had it out to paint. There was quite a few staples and nails in the floor, and we will replace the baseboard eventually, but I am gonna love it! Who knows how long it will take for us to rip up the rest of the room, but it is our room, so no one will really see it but us. How exciting to find a treasure like that. The carpet in there is yuck, it was old when we moved in 8years ago!! So, this is great news. Thanks Dewey! Here is a pic of the section of floor I revealed yesterday.