Friday, November 12, 2010

My mom & dad's living room redo

*** okay. I was able to find this pic of my parents living room "before". You get the idea of what it looked like by the curtains and pillows. Please note, unfortunately we CANNOT go back in time and REDO our wedding look. That is all I am gonna say. :) We did keep mom's same couch, but look how different it looks just with new modern pillows and throw.
Mike and I went over to my parents' house yesterday to hang the remaining 2 light fixtures. One was their old brass chandie, turned brushed nickel with black shades. I painted this, but I have to say, it was NOT my best work. Of course when you are trying to do your best work for someone else, you always encounter problems, don't you?! Anyway. It looks pretty good, I took my camera with me yesterday, but did I remember to take pics? NO. I will get pics of the dining room next time I am over there, but here are some pics of the living room. It really feels inviting for a living room. Makes you want to go in there and actually sit. Most people hardly ever use their living rooms, because they look to so, so. My sister picked out the great wall colors!! My parents chose the awesome club chairs. It really was FUN to do this with them. We are almost ready for the Holidays over there. Again, wouldn't a 'before' pic be nice....ugh. Picture tailored floral curtains with shears, mauve and blue plaid wingbacks and all the fixins. It really was a beautiful room in the 90's, but times change :)


This lamp used to be a brass beauty too. Look at that gorgeous artichoke now that it is white. Love the shade too. The candlesticks above were brass too with crystal middles. I just taped off the crystal and used the nickel spray paint. We did the same with many things, it really updates the look of things you love without spending money. :)

No comments:

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES