Thursday, December 18, 2008

Doggie update







I'm sorry to say, that Drake, that VERY sweet soul, will not become part of our family after all.
We had the priveledge of spending time with him for 3 days, what a sweetheart, gentle, loving thing!! BUT......His time as a stray roaming free all over, has given him some issues, and we quickly discovered that WE were not right for him! We want what is best for him, and we unfortuneatly are not it. My friend Jo at the humane society told me that most dogs who were roaming free on their own for a long while, often obtain many fears, which help them to survive while on the run. Drake saw our ceiling fans and ran as fast as he could the other direction. I think he may have thought they were a big hawk or something like that and feared it. Dear thing........I am soooooo glad for the short time to care for him. He had surgery, and I feel deep down, that I was meant to be his nurse!!! He touched my heart in his short stay with us. He was by me nonstop and always placed his head in my hand to be tickled for hours!! We will never forget him....ends up, he will be staying right next door to his foster family, whose dog became Drakes best bud!! So glad. We will sit back a little longer now, and decide to adopt again, when the time is right and the right animal crosses our path.

3 comments:

Becke' said...

Ahhh, heartbreaking! I hope you get the right dog for your family when the time is right.

Kelli said...

I know it's hard but if the dog isn't right for you then no one is happy. Glad you found Drake a home though!

Three Against One said...

SO sorry to hear that things didn't work out, but at least he has another good home to go to. God has a plan for you and the family this was only part of it. The right dog will come along soon I just know it!!

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES