Thursday, June 11, 2009

mishmash Thursday thoughts

I worked all night last night and just woke up from sleeping for a little while. My parents so wonderfuly took the kids for me, so that I could get some much needed sleep. They are at the movie right now, so I am just looking at blogs. My brain function isn't the best and I have a headache, so thought I would just list a few things on my mind today....
~I love to crawl into my bed after working all night, knowing I can just sleep.....ahh, what a good feeling (even though the quality of said sleep is not the best)
~We bundled, and switched to Directv, so now have a DVR for the first time ever. WOW how cool is that!!!! WHO invented that, you can pause tv while watching it and record it. Just too much for the mind to handle!! I know, all the rest of you have had DVRs or TIVO for yrs, but this is new stuff for us!! LOVE IT
~I get to go on my yearly woman's retreat tomorrow. We only stay away for a day and a half, but I get to room with my sister and have some girl time with her, like the good ole days!! It is fun to take care of only yourself for a change, although I am scared, cause last yr, I endede up sick in my bed the whole retreat, and am afraid that history will repeat itself......pray for me please.
~Brooke cried yesterday before I went to work. She didn't want me to go to work again!! I am part time now, so have to work 2 twelve hr shifts in a row on my weekend and that is just too much time away!! I told her, I would mainly be gone just while she sleeped this time. How sweet, but now am feeling guilty for leaving on my retreat tomorrow too. Oh well.
~Chase has been saving up for an electric guitar and is over half way there. I am so proud of him. This is the boy who can't usually stand to have money burning a whole in his pocket, and MUST go to Target anytime he gets money to buy something! He takes regular guitar lessons now, and is getting really great at it!! How I would love to be able to pick up an instrument and just play......
~I am LOVING our new computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~I bought my first Itunes card at target last week to download some songs to my ipod for when I walk. I haven't done it yet, but am excited to do it for the first time.
~I ate a big ole mexican smashed potatoe for "dinner" last night at 1am at work. Man, food tastes soo good at that hour. Your stomach releases something when you are up late that makes you sooooooo hungry. NOT good for the diet. But I don't eat much the day following a night shift.
~Mike's work has been very busy, so much in fact that they have had to turn work away this week.....thank you Lord for your faithfullness to us!!
~I don't know how Mike does it, working out in the heat alllllll day long, everyday in the summer. He goes through 3 and 4 shirts a day from sweat!! He really has a physically challenging job, and I appreciate how hard he works for us, his family:)
~Chase got a tv back in his room. (all you moms out there, release your breath now) Don't worry, we are setting the parental controls and limiting the times to watch....it is kinda fun to watch Chase and Brooke snuggle together back on his bed and watch together. It is a go for the summertime, but we will re eval after that:)
~Brooke had her sleepover with Grandma D 2 days ago.....fun, fun, fun was had!!! She brought her whole room over with her, and they had a tea party with real china and hot cocoa, among other things:)
~I still really miss Spanky:(
~I really love Dewey, he is such a good (big)boy!!! we are trusting him more and more outside without a leash!! He listens very well!! I find that he is doing some things that I thought was very unique to Spanky...He loves to get up on the back of the couch and sit and sleep just like Spanky. He also whines like Spanky sometimes. He also sleeps with me if I am sick or worked nights, which is something I really missed about Spanky. He is a big sweetie!!!!!!!
~I have no idea how long this post is, how boring it is, or even what I am typing at this point, being short on sleep. So I am off to that glorious place....McDonalds for my daily fix before the kids return. I hope and pray I am not a crabby mom and wife tonight!!!! Bye, and have a good day all!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

You're so funny. I like your sleep deprived ramblings. I just learned a lot of new things about you :)

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES