Sunday, June 14, 2009

Refreshed

I got back last evening from our church's annual, womens' retreat. I have to say, this yearly getaway, although very short, is such a charge to my spiritual, emotional, physical, mental battery!! The weekend starts off with the ride down with my sister, Kathy. We get to share a room together down there also and it is nice to remminis(sp) on childhood memories. We always have a guest speaker, sing songs of worship, eat, laugh, craft, pray, laugh some more and do whatever we want....whenever we want. The things i chose to do were all the above and, walk around the lake there on the property, which had a dock and paddle boats. I also painted my nails while sitting outside listening to nature, sat in the sun, read the paper in bed, and all without worrying about who needed my attention. Our speaker, whom is also a fellow church member, shared her soul with us, and showed us how God was with her as she walked through breast cancer, and the cancer and ultimate death of her 20yr old son. Puts so much into perspective. We ALL need to be reminded of God's faithfulness to us. He IS there with us at all times, and has a plan for each of our lives, even though, at times we wonder why we must endure some of the challenges in life we face. I hope that you all get a chance each yr, in some small way, to escape it all and find some quiet time to get in touch with your soul and be reminded of what is truly important in this life. Hope you had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Three Against One said...

Glad to hear that you had a nice time away and are all refreshed. Maybe some day I will see you again in person, what is up with all this darn rain???
Hey I am going to brave it today and tackle the chairs, can I come over and borrow your staple gun??

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES