Thursday, September 25, 2008

Better times



Well, we are mending here at the Rogers' household, after a long, tiring, week of emotions. Man, crying and heartache make you tired!! Each day has gotten easier. We have all done little things to help us get by. Chase and Brooke made memory boxes of Spanky, Chase placed Spanky's old collar around a stuffed animal and lets me sleep with the dog by my feet at night. I have also placed pictures around the house (on the frig and on my mirror in my bedroom) of Spanky. It helps to "see" his sweet face around, if only in picture form. The place where Mike took him to be put to sleep sent us a sweet note (written by the vet) and a card with spanky's name on it and his PAW PRINT!! Powerful. I called them to thank them and to tell them how much that is appreciated by us and how we will treasure that forever. This was not our normal vet place mind you.....Thank you all for your kind words, prayers, and flowers (and visits from YOUR dogs) . We are blessed to have you all in our lives. Thanks to my sister for picking me up that day and taking me to get a diet coke and taking us to the park to just "be". I felt very guilty for the first few days at what I had done, but Sunday in church, a song we often sing, really hit home and I've felt at peace since then. The words were," I'm forgiven, because you were forsaken......" I've also been watching animal planet, where they rescue abused animals.....it helps me to know just how nice of a life Spanky really did have with us, compared to those poor neglected and abused animals...

No comments:

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES