Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chase's last day of school

Today is Chase's last day of 3rd grade. Man, has this year flown. I know he still has 2 yrs of elem. school left...but I can't help thinking of the day he must go to junior high...that scares me for some reason. Anyway on a more positive note. I was at my nephew, Andrew's, school for his last annual Hot Dog Day. I have gone since he was in kindergarden!! It was a yearly event that Brooke and I (Chase used to go when he was little) looked forward too. AGAIN ANYWAY....some moms there were saying how next yr their kids will be in jr. high, so they won't be able to be at school much anymore. That got me thinking. I did volunteer in Chase's class once a month and helped out at the parties, but I need to be up there even more. Because once he hits 6th gr. the opportunities will be gone. So, here is my committment to the blogging world......I WILL volunteer once a week at Chase's school next year!!! I want to know more of what goes on in his daily life at school. I want him to know without a doubt that I am interested in him and his friends, his teachers, his school.
Yesterday he brought EVERYTHING from his desk home in his backpack! Today he has a picnic that Brooke and I go to every yr. and that will be it for 3rd grade. He has had the most AWESOME teacher this year!! Thank you Ms. Majino! The first thing Chase wants to do when he gets home (even before he uses the restroom) is play his guitar hero. The song will be "School's out" -of course:) It takes me back to all my last days of school. What an awesome feeling of freedom it was. I just remember there was always a ton of school papers all over the front of the school yard. WELCOME SUMMER!!!!

2 comments:

bigsis said...

Hi Carol! That day is coming when Andrew pulls into your driveway to pick Chase up and do "stuff" ... time is moving fast !!!

Hope Chase had an awesome last day as a 3rd grader !! Hugs -

Becke' said...

Carol,
I am so glad you commented on my blog...now I won't feel like an idiot when I post on yours. I was really hoping to put a face to your name, but maybe next time! Comment on my blog anytime...I LOVE comments! :) Becke'

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES