Thursday, May 29, 2008

spanky


Spanky is our dog, and also our first baby. He will be 14 in November, and over the past 6 months, I've really began to notice his age. He has always been the type of dog who barks when the doorbell rings, when people came he went crazy, and when the big brown delivery truck even came down the street, he would bark at it. The other day we were outside. Spanky was lying on some blankets on the driveway, and the big brown truck stopped at our house! The man even walked up the driveway....still nothing from Spanky. In some ways it's sad to see him age (of course), but i have to admit..it's soooo nice not to have him go crazy all the time.
On a sad note... we took Spanky to the vet tuesday. He has had allergies since he was little and they've worsened lately. He bites and licks his paws till they bleed. Much medicine etc. later, he still ended up with an infection. So he is on an antibiotic and foot soaks. The most shocking thing to me is that he only weighs 11 pounds!!!!! He has weighed around 20 lbs all his life!!!! I knew he was down to 16 lbs about a month ago, bc I weighed him with me at home after he was on an allergy med that made him sick all day everyday. We of course stopped that med. Anyway, that weight at the vet shocked me. How could I not see that he was THAT thin?? Today, he has been on his antibiotic for 2 days now and is starting to act more like himself....he was barking when we came home. I am also feeding him everything and anything ( he's usually on a special food for bladder stones) Yikes, hes been quite a patient over the years, huh He LOVES this canned food from Trader Joes, so I am treating him to that 2 times a day!!! I Love my 'puppy' so much and just want him to be comfortable in his last years!!!

No comments:

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES