Saturday, May 3, 2008

Free Therapy

I have recently learned something about myself at the tender age-ha- of 40. I am an all or nothing kind of gal! For 2 years in a row now I have worked my butt off to lose weight, only to regain it all, and then some!!! Well here I go again, I'm at least 25 pounds overweight, again, so I started watching my deit and also started walking. I LOVE to walk. Usually I take Brooke with me in her stroller, it really intensifies (SP?) the walk. But occasionaly, Like this morning, I go all by myself. I notice the kind of music I listen to when I go by myself is more mellow. I listened to Journey, Foreigner, and Mercy Me among others. I don't even realize I'm walking. It's sooooooo therapuetic to watch nature - the birds, squirels,bunnies, the pretty spring trees and flowers - AWESOME. I feel so close to God on those walks....It truly is MY time to just BE!! Looking back, I see these walks are more than good exercise for my heart, they are good for my soul as well. I encourage you to put on your MP3 and your tennies and just get out there and experience all the LITTLE things that are around us all the time....but we're just to preoccupied to notice...it really is great!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol. I understand fully what you mean by walking therapy. Getting out into nature and walking does wonders for the soul. I'm to the point I don't feel like myself if I don't get out and walk as often as possible. I'm glad you've found this in your life! Love, Susan.

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES