Saturday, June 28, 2008

A blast in Ballwin!

I just have to say what a wonderful community we live in!! Every year the city of Ballwin has it's big celebration, Ballwin Days. We go every year! Gosh, Mike and I have been going to it since we were in highschool. Good times, Good memories. Now we look forward to taking the kids and having fun times with them. We always see a ton of friends we know there. Many times we run into people from our past, so we always look forward to who we may encounter this year! We went last evening for just a couple hours. You can drop quite a bit of money in such a short time, so we told the kids 'ONE RIDE" only. Usually we ride every ride, but since we are going to Disney in a couple weeks, we thought we'd take it easy. Chase's favorite ride there is the scrambler. Last yr I rode it with him......I won't be riding it again....almost tossed my cookies. I loved that ride when I was younger too, times change! Mike and Chase rode it and I got the pleasure of watching them on it. What precious memories I get of their excited faces and laughter while swirlling around! Brooke's one ride was less robust....the choo-choo train. She was very sweet to watch as she rode in the caboose-sp? She blew me kisses each time she rode past me:) After the rides we talked to some friends then got a snowcone and cotton candy, ready to set out our blanket to watch the fireworks. They were great!! We were right under them, we even had shrapnal-sp falling on us! It was cool out with an awesome breeze, stars in the sky and the 4 of us lying on a blanket watching fireworks. Good times, even better memories!! This morning we walked up to our entrance of our subdivision and met some of our neighbors for the annual Parade! There were lots of floats, cars, bands, cheerleaders, candy and firetrucks!! We really do live in a nice city that cares about families and friends having fun times together!

3 comments:

Becke' said...

This sounds like fun! It reminds me of something we do here in Conway called Toad Suck Days. (Don't ask!) It is fun to be part of a community event...even though it sucks your life savings right away! I am getting excited about your Florida trip for you! (I will just live vicarioulsy through you and Kelli this year!)

Kelli said...

Yay for Ballwin Days! I wish it wasn't so doggone expensive. But the kids really liked the fireworks. We'll have to do that together next year! Have a good fourth!

Three Against One said...

Hello, it has been 4 days. LOL, I got you for a change!

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES