Thursday, June 19, 2008

Brooke's worst day

So, yesterday was probably Brooke's worst day of life so far, poor baby. She went for her 4-5 yr check up for school and had to get (Kelli, this is a good time for you to look away) FIVE SHOTS!!!! I held her on my lap while a nurse on either side of her proceeded to give her shots at the same time to I guess lessen the torture time. She SCREAMED"I JUST WANT TO LEAVE THIS PLACE"! Poor baby, I think we will both remember that moment forever. I remember when I was young, having to get 4 shots in my butt of all places, so I was quick to share that story with her, to let her know I felt her pain. They gave her 2 LARGE lolipops (not the usual dumdums) for being soooo brave. She shared one with Chase. We went to Longview park to play and pet the horses straight from the dr. and then of course topped off the afternoon with a trip to McDonalds.....Chicken nuggets make everything better, don't they. Now, a day later, she is frantic about taking all the bandaids off!!! At least she doesn't need to get anymore shots for a few years now....Praise the Lord! Also, PTL for sparkle bandaids!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Ouch! Why did she have to have five shots? Sloan only had two at his four year. Did they have to make some up. Poor kid. I think you'd have to sedate me if that was my kid! Glad she's better now.

Three Against One said...

Poor Brooke I can just picture her little face. How did she measure up as far as height I bet she is off the charts. Sounds like you guys had a nice day after the doctors appointment, some how McDonalds does make everything better. :)

(IN)COURAGE -SO great...check it out!

Fabulous Fun Finds Featured Item
Mom Blogs

CHASE

CHASE

BROOKE

BROOKE

DEWEY

DEWEY

SPANKY

SPANKY

our family

our family

My CUTIES

My CUTIES